- Each package4 must bear the following particulars, in letters grouped on the same side, legibly and indelibly marked, and visible from the outside:
- In the case of packed produce, all particulars must be grouped on the same side of the package, either on a label attached to or printed on the package, with water-insoluble ink.
- In the case of re-used packages, all previous labels must be carefully removed and/or previous indications deleted.
- Packer and/or dispatcher/shipper:
- Name and physical address (e.g. street/city/region/postal code and, if different from the country of origin, the country) or a code mark officially recognized by the national authority.
- For inspection purposes, the “packer” is the person or firm responsible for the packaging of the produce (this does not mean the staff that actually carry out the work, who are responsible only to their employer).The code mark is not a trademark but an official control system enabling the person or firm responsible for packaging to be readily identified. The dispatcher (shipper or exporter) may assume sole responsibility, in which case identification of the “packer” as defined above is optional.
Nature of produce
- “Apricots”, if the contents are not visible from the outside;
- The “name of the produce” may be replaced by a photo or a drawing of the produce.
- Name of the variety for Classes “Extra” and I.
- The registered tradename may only be used by the licensee in addition to the variety name or the synonym thereof. Care should be taken to respect the rights of the relevant licenser.
Origin of produce
- Country of origin and, optionally, district where grown, or national, regional
or local place name.
- Marking must include the country of origin, i.e. the country in which the apricots were grown (e.g. “Produce of France” or “Produce of Hungary”). Optionally, district of origin in national, regional or local terms (e.g. “Provence“ or “Gönc”) may also be shown.
- Class Stating the class is compulsory.
- Size (if sized), expressed in minimum and maximum diameter.
- Official control mark (optional)