Foreign matter (% by wt.) (Maximum limit of tolerance)
Brokens (% by wt.) (Maximum limit of tolerance)
Admixture of Red Grain in White (% by wt.) (Maximum limit of tolerance)
Damaged and discoloured (% by wt.) (Maximum limit of tolerance)
- Parboiled milled common rice shall :-
- be the dried mature kernels of Oryza sativa L;
- have uniform size, shape and colour;
- be sweet, hard, clean, wholesome and free from moulds weevils, obnoxious smell, discolouration admixture of deleterious substances and all other impurities except to the extent indicated in the Schedule;
- be in sound merchantable condition;
- not have moisture exceeding 15 percent; and
- be polished as per Rice milling industry (Regulation) Act. 1958.
- Foreign Matter :- It includes dust, stone, lumps of earth, chaff, stem or straw and any other impurity.
- Broken :- Brokens shall include pieces of kernels which are less than three-fourth of a whole kernel. The pieces smaller than one-fourth of the whole kernel are to be treated as fragments. The proportion of fragments shall not exceed 0.5, 1.0 and 1.5 percent for grade I, II, III respectively.
- Damaged and Discoloured :- Grains that are internally damaged or discoloured, damage and discolouration materially affecting the quality. The proportion of damaged shall not exceed 5.0 percent for grade IV.
- Admixture :- The presence of inferior varieties and red kernels shall be considered as admixture.