Foreign matter (% by wt.) (Maximum limit of tolerance)
Admixture (% by wt.) (Maximum limit of tolerance)
Broken (% by wt.) (Maximum limit of tolerance)
Damaged, and discoloured chalky, Immature and Green (% by wt.) (Maximum limit of tolerance)
- Raw milled superfine rice and raw milled fine rice shall :
- be the dried mature kernels of Oryza sativa L;
- have uniform size, shape and colour;
- be sweet, hard, clean, wholesome and free from moulds weevils, obnoxious smell, discolouration admixture of deleterious substances and all other impurities except to the extent indicated in the Schedule;
- be in sound merchantable condition;
- not have moisture exceeding 14 percent;
- be polished as per Rice milling industry (Regulation) Act., 1958.
- Foreign Matter :- It includes dust, stones, lumps of earth, chaff, stem or straw and any other impurity.
- Admixture :- Presence of inferior varieties and red kernels will be considered as admixture. The admixture of common rice shall not exceed 50 percent of the total admixture within the limits prescribed. The proportion of red kernels shall not exceed 0.5, 1.0 and 1.5 percent for grades I, II and III respectively. Red
- Kernels :- Kernels, whole or brokens which have 25 percent or more of their surface coated with red bran.
- Brokens :- Brokens shall include pieces of kernels which are less than three-fourth of a whole kernel. The pieces smaller than one-fourth of the whole kernel are to be treated as fragments. Proportion of fragments, shall not exceed 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 percent for grade I, II and III respectively. Damaged and
- Discoloured :- Grains that are internally damaged or discoloured, damage and discolouration materially affecting the quality.
- Chalky :- Grain at least half of which is milky white in colour and brittle in nature.
- Immature and Green :- Grains that are not properly developed or are green in colour.