Moisture content (Maximum)
Damaged and grains Discoloured (Maximum)
Other edible grains and (Maximum)
Weevilled husked fragment (maximum)
Brokens grains (Maximum
Partially pieces (Maximum
General characteristics :
- be the product derived from mature, dried, sound and wholesome grains of Bengal Gram botanically known as Cicer arietinum Linn.
- be properly roasted in sand or with any other process (without using any oil), split and husked;
- be reasonably uniform in shape, size, colour and characteristics of the product;
- be in sound merchantable condition and fit for human consumption in all respects;
- have its natural odour and pleasant taste and free from objectionable odour;
- be free from admixture/contamination of any foreign matter including unwholesome substances, and poisonous/toxic seeds like Khesaridal, Dhatura, Akra obnoxious smell, rodent contamination and any type of added colouring matter;
- comply with the restrictions in regard to crop contaminants, naturally occurring toxic substances, poisonous metals and insecticides/pesticides residues as prescribed under the Prevention of Food Adulteration Rules, 1955.