- Size is determined by either weight or by a combination of length and diameter.
- Uniformity in size is compulsory for Classes “Extra” and I.
- To ensure uniformity, one of the following two options should be applied:
Cucumbers sized by weight
- The range in weight of cucumbers in the same package must not exceed:
- cucumbers below 180 g should be reasonably uniform in size
- 100 g where the smallest piece weighs between 180 and 400 g
- 150 g where the smallest piece weighs 400 g or more
Cucumbers sized by length and diameter.
- The range in length of cucumbers in the same package must not exceed:
- 5 cm in length between the longest and the shortest cucumber in the same package, and cucumbers should be reasonably uniform in diameter.