PROVISIONS CONCERNING TOLERANCES
- Tolerances in respect of quality and size shall be allowed in each lot for produce not satisfying the minimum requirements.
- Tolerances are provided to allow for deviation in handling and for natural deterioration of fresh produce over time.
- To determine conformity with tolerances, samples are taken according ANNEX II OF COUNCIL DECISION OF THE OECD SCHEME FOR THE APPLICATION OF INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS FOR FRUIT AND VEGETABLES [C(2006)95]
- Tubers not satisfying the minimum requirements shall be allowed:
- 4 per cent by weight of tubers of early potatoes;
- 6 per cent by weight of tubers of ware potatoes.
- However, within this tolerance, a maximum of 1 per cent by weight of tubers affected by dry or wet rot shall be allowed.
- In addition, shall be allowed:
- 1 per cent by weight of waste for early potatoes;
- 2 per cent by weight of waste, of which a maximum of 1 per cent attached earth, for ware potatoes.
- 5 per cent by weight of tubers not satisfying the requirements as regards sizing and if sized, above and/or below the size range indicated shall be allowed.
Tolerances of other varieties
- 2 per cent by weight of other varieties in each lot shall be allowed.