- The contents of each package must be uniform and contain only avocados of the same origin, variety, quality, colouring3 and size.
- The visible part of the contents of the package must be representative of the entire contents.
- Presentation should not be misleading, i.e. concealing in the lower layers of the package produce inferior in quality and size to that displayed and marked.
- Name of illustration
- Presentation “Extra” Class
- Presentation Class I
- Presentation Class II
- The avocados must be packed in such a way as to protect the produce properly.
- Packages must be of a quality, strength and characteristic to protect the produce during transport and handling.
- The materials used inside the package must be clean and of a quality such as to avoid causing any external or internal damage to the produce. The use of materials, particularly of paper or stamps bearing trade specifications, is allowed, provided the printing or labelling has been done with non‑toxic ink or glue.
- Stickers individually affixed to the produce shall be such that, when removed, they neither leave visible traces of glue nor lead to skin defects. Information lasered on single fruit should not lead to flesh or skin defects.
- Packages must be free of all foreign matter.
- Clean materials should be used to protect the produce from foreign matter such as leaves, sand or soil, which could cause a negative impact on the produce and its presentation. A visible lack of cleanliness in several packages could result in the goods being rejected.