- The purpose of the standard is to define the quality requirements of avocados after preparation and packaging.
- However, if applied at stages following export, products may show in relation to the requirements of the standard:
- a slight lack of freshness and turgidity;
- for products graded in classes other than the “Extra” Class, a slight deterioration due to their development and their tendency to perish.
- The holder/seller of products may not display such products or offer them for sale, or
deliver or market them in any manner other than in conformity with this standard. The holder/seller shall be responsible for observing such conformity.